Thursday, March 31, 2016

The world is my pearl (Pearls are prettier than oysters)

Friends, where have you been? I've only been exploring the world without everyone. I can tell you its been awesome but then I always have my friends on my mind. You suck. But I love you too much. First thing that I need to say this week is that I need to apologize. My Spanish has improved so much here but I can feel my English crumbling. What do I do? Well I am just going to apologize for how down right stupid this post may be. Oh you don't care you say? Well thats sweet because me neither(:

Lets get into the fun stuff I've been doing. We had class like always Monday-Wednesday. We never really have Thursday class anymore because we have some pretty rad teachers *wink wink Stephen and Barbara* So Thursday morning Claire, Marki and I took a bus to Punta Hermosa (a beach). We rented an umbrella and three chairs to just hang out. Shelby and Emi came later that night because Shelby was selfishly getting the job of her dreams instead of coming with us. Ugh love her. In case you all were wondering, she will be working for Habitat for Humanity in Bellevue!!!! Anyways, we had to get an umbrella because Claire burns worse than my ginger boyfriend. (Pobrecita) My host sister that is studying in Germany sent me one of her friends contacts awhile ago. We had been talking to him for awhile and he invited us to stay at their beach house for the weekend. He originally told me that we could go on Wednesday night. But that turned to Thursday morning, which turned to thursday night. Peruvians huh. It's fine because we were trying to get darker skin to blend in anyways. We ended up sitting under our umbrella and in the sun form 9am to 5pm. Claire didn't go out in the sun once and she got fried....people kept calling her a shrimp. Anyways, the point is that we had a great time bonding but were very ready to be in the house. Turns out, people had been there since 2. THANKS ANGELO. We stayed in that night and just got to know some of the guys that were there. Some people can be so awesome without any purpose. They didn't even know us but they let us stay and eat their food all weekend Fo Freeeee. At 4am Angelo woke Shelby and I up and we talked and ate ramen. The next day we slummed around and then went to the beach. Claire got burnt again (shocker I know) then everyone showered and ate their 5th thing of spaghetti form the weekend. We had planned on going to another beach that is about an hour away. We fit about 15 people in one taxi. Just about everyone got to experience my boney butt for themselves, lucky ducks. We got there and immediately got some (very crappy) hamburgers from Bembos. Bembos is seriously so gross. To put it in perspective, its like burger king had an ugly kid and named it Bembos. Guess who ate it anyways....Later we went into the club that our friend got us into. It was so late and I lasted maybe 30 minutes. (Always the life of the party) Some of us went outside to wait for the others. I ended up laying down and falling asleep. Whoops. We finally got back and passed out at the beach home. The next day we sat around for hours again. It was so relaxing just listening to the ocean and hanging out with some of the greatest girls I've ever met. Emi tuned 21 so we had to go out with a bang for her. That night we went to a club like 5 minutes away from the beach house. That was a blast. We danced for hours. I think Emi had a good birthday. She surely got told enough! Marki, Emi, and I took a taxi back but no one was home so again we fell asleep outside waiting for our friends. They came back and we stayed up for awhile longer just talking to our new friends. The next day we finally went back to our homes in Lima. It was actually Easter sunday. I think I scared my host family because they were shocked to see me there. (I think they thought I died). They said they made a special easter meal and we would eat in a few hours. This gave me time to catch up on some much needed sleep. Too bad a one hour nap turned into five. Ugh I suck. I woke up and immediately felt terrible but it didn't seem to bother my family at all. So I ate by myself and went back to my room. What a great semana santa (holy week).
The next week turned out to be more learning than my brain could handle at points. Monday we got assigned to our classes that we had to sit on that were close to our outside majors. Marki and I had class on Wednesday called Cross-cultural management. It was good because we met some new people. Everyone all of a sudden seemed to be so intrigued with our lives. But on Tuesday night, Ahnika, Gabi, and I went to see Batman vs. Superman. I would say it was pretty good but Im a marvel fan myself. Last thing it that believe or not, I am in love with sushi. I have been eating it religiously because for one, its cheap here, and I drown it in sauce. So thats all the fun stuff I've been up to lately. I do have exciting news!!

I am going to work at Camp Kitaki this summer as a Camp counselor! I received the news this week and I cannot tell you how stoked I am to start. Also Shelby got her dream job and Abby got into nursing school. So yes, we are actually doing something besides twiddling our thumbs here people. Well I love you and can't wait to see you all. By the way I would not mind a bag of flaming hot cheetos as a welcome home present in a month. Alright Chao for now!



 Made this one big because I think its one of the best!
Christina here has been sating her boyfriend for 5 years! 

This is the Philadelphia roll YUM



No comments:

Post a Comment