Tuesday, March 8, 2016

See one of the 7 wonders✅

I finally saw one of the coolest places in the world. Machu freakin' Picchu my friends. The first day we arrived in Cusco which was about 12,000 feet up. (I just made that number up) the point is that is really high in altitude. Shelby, Gabi and I got a room together next to one of the noisiest places we've been so far. We ate in the little restaurant that the hotel has. We then got to go around the town and see some ruins. We got to go through this black tunnel and we couldn't see anything. Some people thought it was nuts but I thought it was so cool. Our tour guide took us to these rocks that you could slide down. Our tour guide was like a strict mom and wouldn't let us go any faster than a sloths pace. Then we came home and went to bed. The next day we had to be down in the lobby by 6:30. We then took an hour and a half bus ride to get to the train station. From there we took a two hour train ride to aguas calientes (the city at the bottom of Machu Picchhu). We then got on another bus to take us to the very top. We walked around one of the most breathtaking monuments you could ever believe. We didn't get to spend a lot of time there. Some say that if you sit in Machu Picchu, you get a spiritual feeling. But we never got the chance to just sit and reflect. If I'm being honest (which I usually am folks) I didn't think it was all it was hyped up to be. It was just something to look at. Still, I had a great time. Later we rode back down the mountain and had a great buffet lunch in aguas calientes. (By the way, I thought aguas calientes was a spa...haha I even brought my swim suit. Dumb I know) I shopped my little heart out this weekend! It was the best thing in the world. The markets in Cuzco are out of this world. We got back and went to bed because we were exhausted from our very long day. The next day we went to another market and some more ruins. We went to another buffet lunch and this is the place we got to see llamas. I think I love llama and alpacas more than cats. (Crazy I so know that) Later we went home and went out to eat in the square. That night I went to the lobby and had some oxygen. The night before Shelby said that it made her sleep really well. So I tried it. It didn't work for me but oh well. The next day a few of us went around the town and shopped until it was time to get to the airport. When we got back in Lima, Shelby Ahnika and I took a cab took our place. It was by far the scariest can ride we have had at this point. I thought wow we might die. We didn't though because I'm here living to tell the tale. This blog might seem a little bland for you guys. Don't get me wrong, I had an amazing weekend but I just cannot wait for my momma to come visit me. She will be here Wednesday morning! Ugh what a time to be alive. Alright people until next time😊
This wonderful Australian sat next to me on the bus and told me about her marriage and family. Life is so amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment