Monday, February 29, 2016

Only two months left or Still two months?

What to write about? I'm not really sure. Maybe I'll talk about perspective. What does everyone think about perspective. Personally I've learned a lot about perspective here in Peru. We were talking the other day in our culture class about how we were doing. Some of us said they were homesick, some of us not so much. I came to the realization that titled my blog. I still have two more months, but then I thought oh no I ONLY have two more months here. As much as I miss watching my niece grow up or watching my boyfriend run his own business, it's really only 4 months of my ENTIRE life (which I plan on living for a very long time). Here's another lesson on perspective my friends: I've had an ingrown toenail for about 3 months now. I didn't want to go to a Peruvian doctor because I feared I wouldn't understand and honestly thought they were witch doctors. Why did I think that, I'm not sure maybe because sometimes there is a little bit of prejudice in everyone. Which really sucks. Anyways, my host mom took me in to a clinic because she was so worried about me. I went in, the doctor took one look at my toe and decided then he would take my toenail off. Cool. I was in and out in 30 minutes. This thing I struggled with for nearly 3 months was resolved in a matter of minutes. Really cool. One last thing on perspective here: the people here can be super nice, but hey sometimes you think everyone is nice. That is wrong. One day we went to the mall and met about three overly nasty people. Why did they cut us in line, or elbow us? I couldn't tell you, but I can tell you it's definitely not a good feeling. Lucky for me I get to come home to some sweet Nebraskans who can also be equally as mean for no reason. Perspective is a funny thing.
Changing speeds here, I want to talk about movie theaters.First off, holy cheap! Our professor gave us coupons for 2 tickets to cost 10 soles. The exchange rate here is the best it's ever been. So for two people to see a brand new movie, it cost $2.87. Is this a joke you ask? Nope. Then we go to get popcorn and a super gigantic popcorn bigger than our freaking heads cost me about $4. This is pure happiness my friends. 
This blog is semi-short so I figured it's okay to go on a tangent. I may not have done much here in Peru this week to brag about BUT I did nothing in Peru. Who's the real winner?
Ahnikas birthday party!
My beautiful friend Marki!
This is called SuperGigantic Canchita (popcorn)

No comments:

Post a Comment