Monday, February 15, 2016

Spring Breaaaaaaaak

Let's just say that this week has been a dream.
Day 1: 20 hour bus ride to our fancy destination. We get to our beautiful home and get to see that we have a view of the pool and the ocean. Just wait it gets better. The first day was just beautiful. We met our maid (yes a maid) and she showed us everything of ours. We had enough room for everyone! We automatically went to the pool and jumped in, then checked out the beach. We got a couple mototaxis to take us into Los Organos to buy groceries for a couple meals. Each night we said that we would each cook a meal which wasn't really true. Mariah made Salchipapas and they were delicious. Come to find out that cooking for 10 is really hard to judge. Then we made some drinks and hung out on our balcony all night.


Day 2: Another beautiful day, hot as heck though. We went to the beach and played in the ocean. Then later that night we went into Mancora (a 20 minute drive from our place) to go out for the night.  The only bad thing is that we found out that we were paying way too much for transportation. Plus the mototaxis seemed like they were barely moving at times, like we could walk faster than they drove. Let's just say that the night was fun but guys are just creeps.

Day 3: Super bowl Sunday....doesn't exist here. But our girls were determined to watch it. Our TV thankfully played English. We went into Mancora before and got information about different tours that we could do during the next week. I think that is when we went into to ask about scuba diving and met our new friend Maurice. He is so awesome, we even found out he lived right next to our place so we could catch rides with him when we wanted! The girls tried their very best to made cheese dip. It actually was not half bad (not velvetta though). I read my book Gone Girl most of the game because if I'm being honest, I could care less about the Super Bowl. But I did care about the half time show cause my girl Beyonce was on. After Half time, a couple of us went and night swam. Eventually we came home and went to bed.

Day 4: We went surfing! I tried surfing in Spain and I thought it was incredibly hard. Here it was completely different. We each had our own instructors so that helped so much. I think I caught about 6 waves! We spent the day in Mancora and then a couple of us stayed there until night time.


Day 5 or 6?: The days were kind of blending together at this point. We had a couple rainy days which really sucked. Some of the day we would go to Mancora, others we would just stay in Los Organos. One of the days, 8 of us got on a banana boat floatie thing and rode that in the ocean. That was a blast. Someone's contact fell out, others thought they were dying, but I was just in the back having the time of my life. We found a spectacular pizza place there that we ended eating twice that week. I had been messaging back and forth with a guy to see when we could go scuba diving. 

Thursday: We got up early to go scuba diving. That was the coolest thing I have ever done by far. We went out to an old abandoned oil rig and dove there. We went down about 35 feet. Abby and I swam with our instructor all around the oil rig. There was an octopus like 4 feet away from us just staring at us. Then our teacher peeled a starfish off a pole and put it in our hands. We swam through schools of fish and it was the best experience of my life. When we were about to leave, we got to get really close to these giant sea lions that live by the oil rig. My life was made by 11 o'clock that morning. When we got back to the dock, we got to see these giant sea turtles swimming with tourists. We were trying to do that the day before but it was too rainy. The rest of the day was a blur but all I know is that I love scuba diving and I want to do it from now on.

Day 8 Friday: We signed up for a day trip to Las Manglares. Honestly we had no idea what we were doing this day. We just got on a bus and ended up at a beach called Punta Sol. It was beautiful and hot that day. We spent an hour there and went to another beach. Then we drove for an hour to eat lunch. We got on a boat that took us to a little island. Then we rode to Crocodile island to see a crocodile farm. It wasn't very cool because we have a white crocodile at the Henry Doorly Zoo so I wasn't very impressed. We got on the bus and came back. I was really sick on the bus but slept for the 2 hour bus ride back. We were so close to Ecuador when we got to that island. It would've taken 30 minutes to visit another country, but oh well. We came back and I went to sleep almost immediately.

Our last day: I took about 5 naps this day because I still felt so sick. Some of the girls went surfing and had a blast. I went out to our pool and fell asleep out there, then came inside and fell back asleep. I actually really wanted to go back to Lima at this point. I love the ocean but feeling sick on vacation doesn't make for a good vacation. At 5 we got on our bus to ride back to Lima. Only 20 short hours to get there, sounds easy enough right? 

Back to reality: I'm back from my vacation to continue with my vacation and I definitely missed my little house here. My host mom deep cleaned my room and washed all my clothes and bought all my favorite foods. I'm really spoiled down here but man I love it! 

Things I want you all to know:
1: I got stung by a jellyfish (I'm just that lucky I know)
2: Peanut Butter and Jelly is still one of the best foods you can have
3: I bought a hammock, don't ask why
4: Wi-fi is one glorious thing
5: Scuba Diving is the best
6: The ocean is one of the most peaceful places on this beautiful earth
7: My niece FaceTimed me and said "I love you Aunt D" and so now I'm extremely homesick.

Here are some pictures from throughout the week!
I mean did you expect anything else?









I wish you all could've seen this place, it just takes your breathe away.

No comments:

Post a Comment