Saturday, April 30, 2016

Heartbreak

Yes my friends, the time has come. My last blog:( which means my last trip:( which means I'm going home:( I have never had such a bittersweet feeling. I just spent 4 months of my life in a completely different country. What? Don't get me wrong, I'm ready to come home. It took me being away for awhile to realize how many people back home that care for me just as much as I care for them. But at the same time, I'm leaving a part of my life here in Peru. The people of Peru have taught me some great lessons. Their love for life here is exhilarating. But as I've said in some earlier blogs, different doesn't always mean better. This past week Marki, Claire and I took our last trip to Arequipa. Let's just say that I wish I would've came earlier. This is the kind of Peru that I love to see. Less trash on the streets, less homeless animals (thank god). It's more of a hippie town that is definitely ahead of the rest of the country. This trip was one of our favorites because we didn't feel rushed. We got to choose when we want to whatever we wanted. The first day we just went window shopping and relaxed in the beautiful plaza. The second day we left to go to Puno. If you've read up on Peru, there is a place in Puno called Lake Titicaca. It's the highest lake in the world. Our hostal was a few blocks from that. We also took a tour to the floating islands. They exactly what they sound like.  We spent a few days there then took a bus back to Arequipa. The day after that, we went to Colca Canyon. It's supposed similar to the Grand Canyon but I have no idea how accurate that is. Colca Canyon is known for its high peaks to be able to watch their national bird: the condor. We got up bright and early and made our trek. The whole day consisted of a lot of time on the bus and getting to know the people on it. We tried a Colca Sour which is made from a fruit only found in the canyon. It's 10x better than a regular Pisco sour. On our way back down, we stopped to take pictures of an alpaca farm. I step off the bus and literally roll down the hill. I promise you that my luck is never ending. I got up and just bust out laughing because only that would happen to me. I busted my scar from my former roller blading accident open and swallowed a ton of dirt. I can honestly say that I entertained quite a few people that day. (I secretly do it for my fans) I could describe everything that happened on this trip but honestly it's kind of boring. It's one of those (you had to be there) moments. But let's go back to talking about my trip as a whole.
Wanderlust is the world I'll use. The entire trip just had me in awe. Everything I did here I just though "when will I ever get the chance to do this again?" And the answer to that is "hopefully real damn soon". This trip was lacking in only a few departments. The main one would be that I didn't have my friends and family to celebrate with. Yep I'm corny. But seriously, I am so happy I have the chance to love on some of the best people on this green earth. If I got you a gift from Peru, you are included in my list. Now I can't top Yurinas post but I will say a few things about my good ol' chicas I just spent the last four months with. I love you all more than you will ever know. You may not think you have, but each one of you guys have impacted my life for the better. Thank you for blessing me with some great friendships and a wonderful four months of my life! I can't wait for our Peruinions when we are all back. ❤️ But I'll end this with something I really hope I can keep to: It's not goodbye, it's see you later Peru!






No comments:

Post a Comment