Sunday, January 3, 2016

The night before...actually 2

My official first post.
I'm currently sitting here at my boyfriends' apartment with some of my best friends. Sydney, Hunter, Taylor, Jake, and Callen. I just finished making them a dinner and now just started to watch my favorite show New Girl. It's so hard for me to imagine that a year ago, I just talked to my mom about this idea of going to Peru. We both thought that it was a great idea, but here I am in small (huge) freakout mode. Callen and I have done the whole long-distance thing for the past two years so if I'm being honest, I'm completely comfortable with leaving him for awhile. Of course I love him but we will be fine. The person I am most nervous about leaving is my mom. If you don't know her, you are missing out. She is probably one of the best people you could ever surround yourself with. This past week, my mom has been off work, and I have had the best time in the world with her. The thing is that we did absolutely nothing of value. The lovely woman that I keep raving about gets to come visit me in March. My grandpa was going to come with, but he had other commitments. Anyways, this four month period is going to be the hardest thing I have ever done before. But I cannot wait for what is in store. From seeing one of the seven wonders of the world, to spending a semester in an area populated with over eight million people, every adventure is just waiting on me. Remember to follow my blogs to keep up with what is going on in my life! Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful adventure Danielle! Looking forward to keeping track of you through your blog.
    Safe travels hon,Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to have a lifetime of memories from this experience. When you start to feel a tinge of that homesickness feeling coming on, get out and explore something/somewhere until the feeling passes. Go places the locals go and avoid (most) of the places tourists go. You'll have a much better experience AND you'll be a fabulous tour guide when your mom gets there! Enjoy every minute! ~ Kelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is truly "nada mejor que" getting outside of your comfort zone. Emotions will overwhelm you... but you will LIVE- truly living is what gets us valuing on a deeper level what we cherish most. Go, girl, go!!! Muah!

    ReplyDelete